SEFCU or State Employees Federal Credit Union is a New York-based credit union that serves residents of the Capital Region, Buffalo, Binghamton, and Syracuse. The union offers a comprehensive suite of financial products and services including business banking, personal banking, credit cards, mortgage solutions and insurance services. Many of these services can be accessed through the SEFCU online banking feature. To start using SEFCU online banking you must complete the SEFCU login.
This way, you can easily view your account, track your spending and savings, make payments, order checks, and request or pay loans. In this guide, we will walk you through the State Employees Federal Credit Union login. We have included instructions for the SEFCU online banking login using the browser app and the State Employees Federal Credit Union mobile app.
SEFCU Online Banking Login: Step-by-step Guide
In this section, we describe the State Employees Federal Credit Union login steps for a computer. It is recommended you use a computer if this the first time your are accessing SEFCU online banking.
- Open your browser and go to the SEFCU main page, www.sefcu.com. The SEFCU login menu is on the left of the www.sefcu.com landing page.
- In first field of the SEFCU online banking login menu, you must enter your username. You should have received an username when you created your SEFCU online banking account.
- In the second field of the menu, you must enter the SEFCU login password you set for your account.
- Then click the “Sign In” button to complete the login process.
SEFCU Mobile Banking Login Guide
You can also access your SEFCU account from your mobile device. You can achieve this by either using your preferred mobile browser and navigating the SEFCU online portal or by downloading and installing the SEFCU app.
Indicated below are the steps for accessing your online banking account from your mobile device.
- Open your mobile device’s browser and go to the SEFCU login page. You can access it through the www.sefcu.com address, as the mobile optimized page will load automatically.
- Locate the SEFCU online banking login form and type your username and password in the first and second blank fields.
- Tap the “Sign In” link to complete the SEFCU mobile login process.
State Employees Federal Credit Union apps are compatible with both Android and Apple devices. Below are the steps to follow to log into your SEFCU account from your mobile device.
SEFCU Login Guide for Apple Devices
Apple users can follow these steps to access their SEFCU accounts from the app.
- Visit iTunes and search for SEFCU mobile app.
- Download the SEFCU app and install it on your iPad or iPhone.
- Launch the app to display the login page.
- Provide the username and password used to sign up for SEFCU online banking.
- Tap the “Log In” button to log into your account.
SEFCU Login Guide for Android Devices
- Visit Play Store and search for the SEFCU mobile app.
- Download and install the app on your preferred Android device.
- Open the application.
- Provide the required credentials and hit the “Log In” button.
SEFCU Online Banking Login Issues
Several problems may make accessing your account a challenge. Below are some of the things to review to help solve the issues.
If you cannot get past the login screen while accessing your account, verify that you are entering the correct username and password. Keep in mind that passwords are case-sensitive.
If the problem is a lost password, just click the “Forgot” link located at the login page and follow the necessary steps to create a new password.
After several failed attempts of accessing your account, you will receive the error message “Member Verification Error #1041” or “Member Verification Error #1210”. These messages indicate that you have been locked out of your account or completely blocked. This is usually for security reasons, and you can contact a SEFCU customer service representative at 800-727-3328 to have the block removed.
If you need additional help, visit the union’s Contact and Support page.