Hello and welcome to moneyplate.com. We are a team of formal and informal experts in the field of personal finance, who maintain this website as a hobby. Through our main professional activities, which employ our expertise elsewhere, we noticed that there is currently a gap in the niche of personal finance advice and options for young people (especially for millennials and gen X and Y-ers). We know it can be rough striving to take the best financial decisions for yourself when you’ve only recently started to navigate your career field. Furthermore, we noticed that while sound financial advice, models and options do exist, they are not easy to understand and apply for this particular demographic.
This is why we have founded moneyplate.com, as a place where we can lend a hand on teaching young people more about how they should handle their personal finance. We will publish reviews of financial instruments or services, tutorials, lengthy in-depth articles to help our readers better understand the financial terms they may encounter with each new lease, rent or bank contract and so on. We also offer advice on where to look in order to find what you need for a better deal, or how to tell when you’re being cheated and so on. Our assistance includes the following topics (but is not limited to):
- You don’t know what your whole array of options is, when it comes to saving up or getting a loan and so on;
- You’re not sure about the interest rate you should expect for financial packages – what’s the limit, what extra benefits would truly warrant a bump in interest, etc.;
- You don’t know what most financial terms in the various contracts you have to sign actually mean and whether there’s a hidden catch or not;
- You don’t understand the exact benefits and obligations you are offered on a credit;
- You don’t know how to start saving up in a way appropriate for your income scale, how to manage your various income sources, find the best way possible to pay back your student loans and even to invest a small portion of your assets;
- You want to be able to consult a reliable source of financial coaching and advice, without needing to actually hire an advisor or pay for a dubious self-help book;
You can think of us as your personal virtual assistant or finance coach, on all matters. We are at your service whenever you need help and advice. In fact, we are for the most part a team composed of retired financial professionals (or financial writers), who spend most of their time keeping up with the market shifts or offering personal guidance, so sharing our expertise is as naturally as it comes. We strive to cover all matters of topics related to personal finance, like the type of issues outlined in the list above, and whatever is a relevant hot topic of the moment. We also strive to think every topic we present through the eyes of a millennial, in order to be able to respond to their needs best of all. Still, we’d like you to understand that our time is limited, given that we all lead have busy lives outside lending out council for Money Plate, and this website is only worked on as a freelancing project. If our articles don’t cover everything you wanted to know on the topic, you can also directly contact us for further assistance anytime. Just drop a line at email@example.com. We’d be happy to hear from you and to answer your questions.