FirstMerit is a Midwestern bank franchise that has been purchased by the Huntington National Bank. The two companies are in the process of merging customer information and accounts. FirstMerit customers can use their existing bank accounts and the online banking until February 17, 2017.
After this date, the customers will use the Huntington website for their online banking. Until then, account holders can follow these instructions to log into their FirstMerit accounts through a website browser or an online app on their mobile device.
FirstMerit Online Banking Login Portal: Step-By-Step Guide
The FirstMerit login process is easy. Follow these steps to access your account:
- Open your browser and go to the FirstMerit login portal.
- Select ‘Online Banking’ in the drop-down menu next to the words, ‘Account Login’ in the thin blue header.
- Enter your username in the text box to the right of this drop-down menu. Press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Answer the three security questions on the next screen, if they appear. The answers are ones you selected when you first set up your account. Press the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your password in the text box on the next page. Press ‘submit’ to log into your online banking account.
FirstMerit Mobile Online Banking Login Guide
It’s also possible to log into your FirstMerit account from your mobile device. You’ll need to use the FirstMerit banking app or open your mobile browser and visit the FirstMerit website to login. The steps to log into your account through the mobile browser are similar to using a computer browser.
- Open the browser and go to the FirstMerit Bank login page.
- Type in your username and press the ‘Log In’ button.
- Answer the security questions, if you are taken to this page. If not, skip and move onto step four.
- Type in your password. Press the ‘submit’ button to enter your account.
FirstMerit login apps are compatible with both Apple and Android devices. Here are the specific steps you need to follow to access your account on your mobile phone or device.
FirstMerit Mobile Login Guide for Apple Devices
- Go to Apple App Store and download the FirstMerit Mobile app for your iPhone or iPad.
- Install the app on your preferred Apple device.
- Tap the app to open the login screen.
- Enter your username and password.
- Press ‘Log In’ to access your account information.
FirstMerit Mobile Login Guide for Android Devices
- Go to Google Play and download the FirstMerit app for Android tablets or phones.
- Install the app on your Android device.
- Tap on the app icon to open it.
- Enter your username and password.
- Press the ‘Log In’ button to access your account.
FirstMerit Online Banking Login Trouble
You may have trouble accessing your online account after FirstMerit makes the transition to being part of the Huntington National Bank system. Both banks are working to update systems and merge information quickly and smoothly, but bugs do occur.
If you are having trouble logging in and you are using the correct login information, contact FirstMerit customer service at 888-493-5142. After February 21, 2017, contact Huntington customer service at 1-877-932-BANK.
Assistance & Helpful Links
Online banking makes it easy to manage your financial tasks. These previous steps help account holders log into their FirstMerit Bank accounts through a variety of means. You can login from your desktop computer to pay bills and download reports or just check the balance via the FirstMerit mobile app on your phone.
For more information, feel free to contact someone in the FirstMerit Customer Service department.